What Should You Do After A Car Crash?
When you are injured in an auto accident, you cannot be blamed for being unable to think clearly. However, since most of us will be involved in an accident at some point in our lives, it would be wise to know in advance what to do to begin the protection of your rights.
As your lawyer, we offer sound advice on what to do after an accident, including notifying us of your injury. We take it from there — investigating what led to your auto accident, the nature of your injuries and the identity of the negligent motorist who caused it.
The Law Office of Robert A. Miller excels at dealing with insurance companies and negotiating settlements that financially compensate motor vehicle accident injury victims like you. Learn more about what to do after an accident, and arrange your free initial consultation at our Eugene, Oregon, office or at your hospital room. Call us today at 541-359-4331.
Important Steps To Take After Your Accident
Just a few of the many things you should do, if you are able to after your car or truck accident, are:
- Call for emergency assistance
- Avoid moving your car or changes to the accident scene until police arrive
- Get the names, addresses and license plate numbers of the other driver or drivers, as well as a description of each vehicle
- Exchange insurance information
- Locate any passengers or witnesses, and collect their information
- Take pictures of the accident scene
- Get a police report, even if you are not injured
- Ask where your car is going, if it is being towed
- If you are injured, contact the Law Office of Robert A. Miller before talking to your own insurance company
- Save notes about the accident and records of hospital or doctor visits that prove your injury
- Make notes on your post-accident injury healing experience
Severe injury, catastrophic injury and fatal injuries leading to wrongful death can result from motor vehicle accidents in Oregon and the U.S. Lives change and end in an instant.
If this misfortune has happened to you or a loved one through no fault of your own, skilled personal injury lawyers will listen to your side of the story during your free initial consultation, investigate your claim, take the facts of your case to the negligent party’s insurer to negotiate a settlement and fight for your rights in a court of law if necessary.
These quality legal services come your way on a contingent-fee basis. You owe no attorney fee unless we win your case.
Representing Clients From All Over Oregon
Contact the Law Office of Robert A. Miller. Our experienced personal injury lawyer serves clients throughout Oregon. To discuss your car accident case with one of our attorneys, call 541-359-4331 or reach us with an email.