Representing Victims Of Hospital Negligence
When we check into a hospital, we put our well-being in the hands of the hospital staff. From the nurse who takes down our medical history to the doctor who provides our care, to the lab technicians to the pharmacist, we must trust that every member of the hospital’s care team will properly fulfill their role and provide us with the best possible care.
In the vast majority of cases, that trust is well-placed. However, errors in judgment and deviations from the standard of care can occur with disastrous consequences like permanent injury or even death.
If your injury was caused by staff or nurse errors, you may be entitled to compensation. At the Law Office of Robert A. Miller, we have decades of experience representing the people of Oregon in personal injury and medical malpractice cases. If you or your loved one has suffered a serious injury in a hospital, we offer free initial consultations.
Hospital Negligence Takes Many Forms
Examples of the hospital and staff negligence include:
- Failure of a nurse to report your medical history or condition to your physician
- Failure to treat an infection that develops in the hospital such as sepsis
- Failure of a hospital pharmacy to prescribe the correct dosage of medicine or of a nurse or attendant to properly administer that medicine
- Medication errors such as giving you a combination of drugs that has severe side effects
- Accidents caused by the failure of hospital staff to assist and properly monitor you, such as falling off the operating table or slipping in the shower or bathroom.
We will review hospital records and interview hospital staff to determine if your hospital injury was avoidable, and if your injury was caused by negligence we will work hard to hold the hospital accountable and recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.