Was Your Misdiagnosis Caused By Radiology Error?
Clinical imaging techniques — from X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, ultrasounds to sonograms – have undergone significant technological advances in recent decades. However, human errors continue to be the Achilles’ heel of many medical procedures, including radiology.
With decades of experience working with medical malpractice clients, the Law Office of Robert A. Miller has seen all manner of radiology errors. The human eye and mind are fallible, but they continue to be essential components of any medical procedure. When those human elements fail, you may be entitled to compensation to help you cover economic damages as well as pain and suffering.
Errors That Occur In Radiology
There is a risk involved whenever care teams from different departments of the hospital must collaborate — records can be lost, charts misplaced and information miscommunicated. You rely on the skill and professionalism of the radiology staff to view and interpret your clinical images and communicate that information to your treating physician on a timely basis. Errors, delays and negligence can have a devastating effect on your health since radiological review could very well serve as the basis for your treatment.
Examples of radiology errors include:
- Failure to detect tumors and cancer
- Failure to detect aneurysms, pulmonary embolisms or blood clots
- Failure to detect ruptured, herniated or fractured disks
- Failure to detect broken bones
- Communication errors between the radiology department and your treating physician
- Losing images
- Delayed x-rays, causing unnecessary pain and even further injury
- Injuries caused by dangerous drugs used in the imaging process such as dyes and sedatives
If you have suffered from a radiology error, contact an experienced attorney immediately.