When Your Doctor Fails To Prevent Spinal Cord Injury Complications
While some spinal cord injuries happen suddenly, others can only be detected by a doctor. When a physician or specialist fails to diagnose a spinal cord injury and does not order testing to determine the severity of the injury, serious complications can arise. If you or a loved one in Oregon has suffered sobering consequences because a doctor failed to diagnose a spinal cord injury, you have rights that must be protected.
At the Law Office of Robert A. Miller, we offer aggressive representation to those whose trust has been betrayed by medical providers. We are proud to assist people and their families in obtaining the full and fair financial compensation they need to rebuild their lives and enjoy healthier futures, and we work hard to identify and document the negligence of physicians who fail to detect spinal cord injuries.
The Causes Of Spinal Cord Injuries
A spinal cord impingement must be immediately recognized and treated to avoid permanent damage to a patient’s central nervous system. Some of the causes of spinal cord impingement include:
- External trauma from an accident resulting in a ruptured disk and pressure on the spinal cord
- Misplaced epidural injections during birth or during the treatment of chronic back or neck pain
- Pressure placed on the spinal cord by an infection or tumor
- Pressure placed on the spinal cord by a hematoma (blood clot)
- A disease such as osteoarthritis or developmental defect can cause cauda equina syndrome, leading to acute loss of function of the lumbar plexus
If a doctor fails to diagnose or actually causes an impingement with a negligent action, you can pursue a medical malpractice claim. You may be eligible for compensation for medical costs, lost income, and pain and suffering due to paralysis, neurological dysfunction, extreme pain or incontinence.
Contact An Attorney To Pursue Compensation
As your Oregon failure to diagnose spinal cord injury attorney, I offer free initial consultations, evening and weekend appointments, keen client commitment throughout the legal process, maximum availability to your questions and concerns, and a contingency fee basis for my work – you owe no attorney fee unless we win your case.